How to Relieve School Anxiety
How some kids, school can be a tense and fearsome place. Children with special needs in particular may have problems understanding what is expected of them; may face painful social exclusion; and may find the work confusing and stressful.
Five Things Teachers Need to Know
- My child struggles with fears that may seem silly or unrealistic. Please appreciate that they are very real and terrifying to him.
- Predictable routines, clear instructions, and anything else that lessens stress will help my child succeed.
- New experiences may be scary for my child. Be aware that he may need extra time and specific guidance.
- My child has significant challenges, but he also has many strengths and gifts. Please use these to help him have experiences of success.
- Please keep the lines of communication open between our home and the school. My child needs all the adults in his life working together.
- Addressing Challenging Behavior (appliedbehavioralstrategies.wordpress.com)
- Ready for School ~ Emotional Health & Maturity (shareitforward.ca)