Play times are fun times – Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they are going to catch you in next?
Franklin P. Jones (1774-1848)
Kids are curious, active and imaginative. They may take chances that can result in an injury.
Research has shown the follow fact!
- Falls are responsible for 43% of all unintentional injury hospitalizations for children under 10 years of age
- Falls are the leading cause of hospital visits
- Boys fall more than girls (56% vs. 44%) except on playgrounds where the injuries were equal
- 5-9 year old have the highest rate of falls from playground equipment, more than any other age group
- 5-9 year old kids are often hospitalized due to falls from playground equipment.